Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- Asthma/COPD - clinic Monday morning, and all day Tuesday by appointment.
- Diabetes - clinic Thursday 14:00 - 15:00 by appointment.
- Cervical smears - by appointment only on Tuesdays & Fridays.
- Contraceptive services - see any GP
- Nexplanon implant or contraceptive coils - see Dr Dunbar for initial assessment
- Child health & vaccinations - Wednesday 09:00 - 11:00 - must be prebooked
- Drug monitoring - warfarin, Disease modifying antirheumatics and others.
- Ear syringing - because of the risk of eardrum perforation, we only do this after 2 weeks using drops. Please see a GP first to make sure the wax is soft enough to be booked in for later syringing.
- Maternity services - Wed morning
- Minor injuries - any day
- Minor surgery - by appointment - see one of the GPs below for initial assessment
- Dr Smith [joint injections],
- Dr McGlew [minor operations ingrowing toenails, cyst/lump removal],
- Dr Magorrian [joint injections and minor operations]
- Warfarin clinic - Monday pm by appointment with nurse